As I mentioned in my previous post about the rose that I worked on, I wasn't totally sold on how it came out. I pulled it out several time, restarting it, adjusting it... finally I pulled it out and used a smaller hook (H, the smallest I could use with this yarn). The results really weren't all that different with the over-all size in my opinion, but the stitches seamed tighter (and in my mind a little neater). I took a few shots so you can see what it looks like before it is coiled up and then after it is coiled.
When all was said and done, you can (sort of) see from the ruler that the diameter is around 6 inches... it is LARGE. Now, this is about twice the size from the original tute I was working from. Going back and looking at her finished project she really has a very tight coil, and I was able to get approximately to her size by wrapping it tightly... but the more I looked at it the more I preferred it to be an open flower. So I cut it from the ball and shored it up. I think, after a few weeks of working with it and looking at it, that I'm pleased with it and will let it be. I have a few ideas of what to do with it, but that will take some time and possibly a run to the local craft store... for now I will just set it on my shelf and enjoy it as a finished product!