Thursday, July 28, 2011

Blue and Jade clutch

About a month ago Daddio and I played an out of town concert. While we were waiting for rehearsal to begin at the theater, we wandered over to a home furnishings store.

It turned out that the owner recently passed away, and the estate was selling everything off in the store... all of their fabric swatches were marked $1! We're talking about 1/4 yd of fabric per swatch of a huge variety of materials. Needless to say I couldn't resist! I ended up picking 10!

One of the fabrics I chose was this gorgeous blue/jade silk blend damask! It is really quite stunning in person.

This week (since my car was in the shop) I had some time on my hands in the afternoon... out came the scissors and machine, and off to work I went!

Here's my creation:

No comments:

Post a Comment