Monday, April 16, 2012

needle and thREAD

Elizabeth Foss has started a fun weekly party of sorts, needle and thREAD! I figured with the amount of sewing I've been doing that I would throw my hat in the ring and post on it!
needle and thREAD


This morning I began the fun, not, pattern cutting portion of this pattern. I'm making the pajama gown for myself. While the one pictured here does look cozy... I live in Texas and would die of heat stroke were I to wear something full length and long sleeved. So I'm adjusting the pattern to be knee length and short sleeved! The fabric chose was a freebie from a friend trying to clear her overwhelming stash. It is a nice light weight knit. Now, normally this is not a color I would choose for myself... but like I said, it was free and suits this purpose perfectly!




Next up the reading portion... this weekend I started this lovely little gem, which was a gift from a special friend! After years of recommending books for him, he's grown up and turned the tables! This is the first I'm reading of the devotions of St. Gertrude. They are lovely and in some ways similar to St. Therese (the Little Flower) with whom I have a special love for!

So there you have it friends.  My sewing and reading selections for this week.  Come back next week... and who knows what will be on the table :-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment